Sensitization programme on food safety
(Industry specific onsite/offsite Training)
Try not to be a man of success, but rather try to become a man of valueAlbert Einstein
With the introduction of stringent food safety regulations based on sound scientific principles, governments around the world are making efforts to improve awareness in general public. Consumers are now several times more aware of food safety incidents and violations happening around them. As the expectations from the consumers are changing drastically, all food business operators are driven by a need to meet the global standards for food safety.
Worldwide, food borne diseases are major health burden leading to high morbidity and mortality. The global burden of infections and foodborne illness outbreaks involve 3-5 billion cases and nearly 1.8 million death annually, mainly young children, caused by contaminated food and water. Food is generally contaminated as a result of improper production and processing in food industry and inappropriate handling in hospitality and catering industry which gives the need of continuous sensitization and training of food handlers on how to operate in hygienic environment. So the way out is sensitization and trainings.
FFSQ has initiated this programme to sensitize people about the enormity of the problem, where we teach them to do things in an apple-pie order and fine-tune all major operations, thereby ensuring the production of safe food through a food processing industry, hotel, restaurant, food outlet and retail food establishment. The course fulfills the requirement at different employee levels, whether the participant is a worker, executive, supervisor, manager or from senior management.
This programme is a part of Continuing Educational Programme (CEP) which is focused on the factors that influence Food Safety in industry. The purpose of the program is to provide staff with the science behind the procedure and empower them in playing significant role in production of safe food. The concepts addressed in this programme include recognizing potential food safety problems and necessary actions to be taken when they occur. Other principle focus areas under the programme would be Food Safety and HACCP principles with emphasis on the basics of personnel hygiene and sanitation.
Topics covered under this programme
- Food Safety in retail industry / Hospitality / Industrial production.
- Regulatory Authority and Government Agencies
- Food borne illness and allergen
- Personnel health and hygiene
- Safe food sources and Food storage
- Cross contamination and Sanitation
- Food premises sanitation
- Good food handling practice / Good manufacturing practices
Key features of programme
- Courses are typically designed in comprehensive manner keeping in mind the industry and organization expectations for 2-5 days duration.
- Programmes are either conducted onsite all over the country or at FFSQ, New Delhi and Hyderabad Campus in the form of interactive lectures, workshops and conferences.
- The training materials developed by the Institute are also provided at the end of each session.
- Participation Certificates are awarded by Faculty of Food Safety and Quality, IGMPI after the culmination of the programmes.
For further enquiries, you may get in touch with the concerned person Mr. Joshua Martin on: email@example.com / +91 858783877