Certified FSMS Lead Auditor
The Food Safety Management System Lead Auditor Certification is designed to incorporate a candidate with the knowledge and skills required to assess the compliance of Food Safety Management Systems set up under the requirements of ISO 22000:2005. Not just the international standard, but sector specific technical specifications for Prerequisite Programs (PRPs) provided in ISO/TS 22002-1 shall also be integrated with the Certification to intimate the participant with the needs of the international food sector.
In addition to the above, the participants shall be trained for planning and conducting an FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011, an international standard that sets forth the requirements for management systems auditing, thus, establishing the competence of an FSMS auditor.
- Understand the inter-dependence and relationship between
- Industrial hygiene and safety practices;
- Global food safety and quality standards;
- Government Laws, Regulations, Guidelines, and Codes of Practice;
- Development and Maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
- ISO 22000:2005, ISO 9000:2000, and Technical Specifications (ISO/TS 22002-1, ISO 19011)
- Food Safety Management System establishment (Basics)
- Legal framework for FSMS implementation
- Plan, conduct, report, and follow up a FSMS audit
- Assessment and management responsibilities of an FSMS Auditor
Certified Study Resources
- FSMS and its Significance for food industry
- Good Manufacturing Practices and its role in quality improvement
- Food Safety – Need for HACCP, Codex Principles, PRPs, and OPRPs
- ISO 22000 – Requirements and Implementation in food sector
- Auditing a Food Safety Management System (Basic)
- Auditing a Food Safety Management System (with 19011)
- Documentation and Reporting an audit
- PRP Implementation and Assessment (ISO/TS 22002-1)
- Risk Assessment – Hazard analysis, Identifying CCPs, Establishing Corrective measures etc.
- Regulatory requirements – National & Global authorities, Laws & regulations , Guidelines, and Codes of Practice
Certified Food Safety Management System Lead Auditor training shall be imparted by highly experienced training consultants with many years of expertise in establishing food safety management system in the industry. The Certification has been designed to accommodate sufficient interaction between trainer and participants. These interactive sessions will encompass the practical implications of course content and study resources.
Once registered, the participant will be provided with the necessary study resources. The participant, after going through these study resources, shall be called upon for interactive session with the training consultants.
The Certification is especially beneficial for persons who:
- Plan/Manage the implementation of ISO 22000:2005
- Require detailed knowledge of FSMS auditing process
- Is involved in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party audits
- Need to learn about the regulatory framework and assessment for a FSMS assessment
- Food safety consultants, Managers, Technicians
- Aspiring Food Safety Professional
Any Life Science, Home Science, Agriculture, Food graduate/ B.Pharm/ M. pharm/MSc. /PhD in Science disciplines/ any diploma /degree holders, working professionals of any of the following industry types, Food products manufacturing, Ayurvedic food products, Food Processing industry, Retail, and Food Service establishments, Food Packaging, Food/Food ingredient-based Research, Biotechnology or any related industry are highly encouraged to apply for the certification.
The duration of the training given will be 5 days (40 hours).
Assessment & Certification
Participants who score 60% and above in both the interactive/personal assessment and written examination shall be certified as an FSMS Lead Auditor by the Institute of Good Manufacturing Practices India.A Certificate of Completion for the training will be issued to these candidates.
Certification & Membership Fee
Rs. 14500/- for Indian nationals and 500 USD for overseas students. This covers the certification registration fee and examination fee. An additional membership fee of Rs 4500/-(USD 125 for overseas) is optional to pay in order to avail the services of Certified Study Resources and training for the preparation of the certification exam.