BRC Global Food Safety Standard version 8 Released
The First Version of BRC standard was published in 1998, Version 8 of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety (BRC V8) has been published on 1 August 2018.
It provides a framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality, and the operational controls for these criteria in the food and food ingredient manufacturing, processing and packing industry.
- Encouraging a food safety culture
- Expansion of the requirements for environmental monitoring
- Encouraging sites to further develop systems for security and food defence
- Adding clarity to the requirements for high risk and high care production risk zones
- Providing greater clarity for pet food manufacturers
- Ensuring global applicability and GFSI benchmarking