FDA Releases New Guide To Help Small Food Facilities Registration
U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a Small Entity Compliance Guide (SECG). This guide is designed to assist food companies meet their registration requirements under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act).
The requirements of this ACT are applicable to food facilities engaged in manufacturing / processing, packing, or holding of food for human or animal consumption in the United States to register with the FDA.
The new requirements include :
• Facilities are required to provide FDA with assurance that they will be permitted to inspect their facility (in accordance with the FD&C Act).
• Facilities are required to renew their registration every other year.
• FDA now has the authority to suspend a facility’s registration.
Along with the requirements guide also explains :
• When and How to register.
• Consequences when facilities fail to register / renew.
• Conditions under which registration will be suspended.